Legal Counsel / Business Lawyer – Data Protection / IT law (m/f/d)
- Corporate Functions
Your contact person
ParshipMeet Group is one of the leading international players in Dating and Video. Our apps cover a broad spectrum of the market, from social dating and entertainment to serious matchmaking. The portfolio of our company, which has eight locations in Europe and North America, includes the brands Parship, eharmony, LOVOO, and ElitePartner, among others. As a Legal Counsel / Business Lawyer (m/f/d) with a focus on data protection & cyber security, you will be responsible for providing legal advice and support on all data protection issues of the ParshipMeet Group and work as part of our team of in-house lawyers. For our legal department located in Hamburg, we are looking for a full-time Legal Counsel / Business Lawyer (m/f/d) with a focus on data protection with immediate effect.
Your Responsibility in our Team
- You will advise a team of (in-house) lawyers on various topics of data protection law and information security law with the aim of achieving an adequate level of data protection and information security.
- You will be involved in obtaining and reviewing legally relevant contractual documents, especially in the area of web/app tracking.
- You prepare legal opinions and expert reports and are responsible for the supervision and support of data protection-related queries from the specialist departments.
- You are responsible for monitoring the legally secure framework for processing activities within and outside the company.
- The implementation of training and awareness measures on data protection and information security round off your job profile with usYou are the interface between the legal department and our online marketing team.
- You are responsible for the research of newly emerging data protection-relevant topics.
Who we are looking for
- You have successfully completed the 1st or 2nd state law examination or a bachelor’s/master’s degree in business law (LL.M.)
- You bring practical experience in data protection and, perhaps, in one of the related areas such as information security or cyber security You are familiar with the DSGVO, TTDSG and other European and international data protection regulations and have a strong online affinity and great interest in related legal topics
- Initial knowledge in the area of tracking/online marketing is desirable
- A very careful way of working is a matter of course for you
- You do not lose your head or your sense of humour even in hectic times
- A very good command of English is essential
What you may look forward to
- An international market leader in online dating, with a 1,100 strong workforce at eight locations worldwide.
- A great working atmosphere and teams loving what they do
- Coffee, fruit, breakfast, subsidized public transport card, monthly (currently virtual) parties, foosball & PlayStation in the office, and other covid-friendly benefits
- A permanent position and an attractive salary
In times of Corona we have switched to home office, our recruiting process is currently digital.
At ParshipMeet, we help millions of people around the globe meet, date, and fall in love. We want our teams to be as diverse as our customer base. Constantly adding new perspectives is key to our success. We will never judge anyone by age, sex, family background, color of skin, religious beliefs nor sexual orientation. For us, it’s all about skills, competencies, and you as a human being!
We are looking forward to your application in English or German and to a first virtual meeting!
Please take a moment to fill out our application form as completely as possible. The mandatory fields are marked with *.
What we offer you
- Flexible working time
- Central location
- Roof terrace
- Home office
- Company pension scheme
- Public transport ticket
- Bio fruits
- Employee events
- Table soccer
- Fitness cooperations
- Health measures
- Shopping discounts